Friday, January 2, 2015

Top 5 Books To-Read in 2015

Hello people of planet Earth. I have come to this foreign planet with a very important mission….actually not really. I just want to talk about books again (I love books if you haven’t noticed). So here’s another short and sweet blog post about the Top 5 books I’m looking forward to read in 2015! 

1. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
I’ve recently heard about this book on Twitter and Tumblr. I’m slightly scared about all the hype it’s getting, but I’m really excited to read it. I’m praying it’s as great as it sounds. Not to mention that Sara Raasch seems like an awesome author that’s great about interacting with her readers (always a plus). 

2. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
This beast of a book is definitely one of the first things I’m going to read. I swear Ms. Maas’s books just get better and better. Not to mention that I’ve heard so rather positive/exciting things about Heir of Fire…cough cough Manon and Rowan. 

3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I’m ecstatic that Ms. Bardugo has another book coming out in 2015 and I’m even more excited that it’s set in the Grisha world. I have quite awhile before I can get my hands on this book (it’s released Oct 8th, 2015), but you can bet money that I’m definitely going to buy it the day it comes out and devour it in one sitting. Also I can't wait for the cover to be released--if it's anything like The Grisha series' covers, it's going to be epic. 

4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
So I first heard about this book after I joined the Twitter universe and the moment I read the blurb, I knew I was going to be reading this book ASAP. I cannot wait until the book is released. Do you see how beautiful and simple the cover is? I really hope it's lives up to all the hype! (But I'm always a sucker for great ideas whether they're executed well or not--sue me :P) 

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I’m cheating again because with this one, I’m actually really want to read all three companion novels. I love reading contemporary YA novels in between the various dystopias and fantasy novels. I’ve been itching to read these for a while now and can’t wait to get my hands on them.

Bonus: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
I haven’t read anything by Susan Dennard, but I do read her blog a lot and everything she’s posted about this book/series seems awesome. I can’t wait to read this and I really really hope it doesn’t get pushed by to 2016. I don’t know if I can wait that long. Also I'm really sad that it doesn't have a cover yet. 

What books are you looking forward to read now that 2015 has rolled around?Any other books I need to add to my to-read pile? Don’t be afraid to comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment